For over 20 years, Saving Angels has helped transform and save the lives of many homeless, veterans, runaway and trafficked youth.
Coming off the streets, the youth and veterans we serve are usually disconnected from their families and other social support – kids who have endured traumatic and adverse childhood experiences. In addition to living on the streets, many have survived abusive homes, spent time in juvenile justice facilities, aged out of foster care or have been victims of human trafficking and exploitation.
Mission and principles
Our work is to help kids who are suffering and to protect and safeguard all children and veterans in need. In support of our mission, Saving Angels is guided by five principles.
What we believe: Our five guiding principles
1. Immediacy – Saving Angels immediately meets the basic needs of youth experiencing homelessness through a nourishing meal, a shower, clean clothes, medical attention, and a safe place to sleep.
2. Sanctuary – Saving Angels provides a safe haven from the hardships of homelessness. We recognize the fundamental worth of every human being, and create a safe setting where all youth – regardless of life experience or identity – are served without judgment.
3. Value communication – Saving Angels leads by example to demonstrate that caring relationships are based on love, trust, respect, and honesty.
4. Structure – Saving Angels provides the stability and structure necessary to build a positive future.
5. Choice – Saving Angels fosters confidence; encouraging young people to believe in themselves and make informed choices for their lives.
How we operate
Saving Angels is committed to helping every veteran and young person who needs us 24/7, 365 days a year. Funding from caring people like you is the lifeline that makes these programs possible across the country. Learn how we utilize resources efficiently and meaningfully for our veterans and kids.